Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#workingmom

I had a lovely dinner tonight. Unfortunately, it was at 10pm. I really need to figure this out. BUT it was yummy!

I used the Yellow Summer Squash to make these (found this recipe on Facebook maybe? I just copied and pasted it to Pinterest so I would have for later.)

1 lb. zucchini or squash 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan 1/4 cup breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 salt & pepper to taste *Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray*Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil*In bowl combine dry ingredients* Place rounds in mixture, coating both, pressing to adhere *Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets *Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown.

The one squash was probably a little less the one pound. I sliced a littler thinner too.

Oven shot
For the rest of my meal, I used the remainder of the tomato along with mozzarella and prosciutto (which I determined is really just the lazy man's bacon) I bought over the weekend. Mixed in a bowl with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinaigrette, and I was in heaven.



Now I just need to figure out how to get this all done a little earlier. I did make lunches for Stella and myself at the same time, so I guess it was not all wasted time. (Salad with the fixings for me - using up the cucumbers and scallions!)


No comments:

Post a Comment