Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Green Beans and Other Stuff

Yet another recipe found on pinterest. This one included all items already on hand, so it went right to the top of the list
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. green beans
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 small red onion
  • Feta cheese
{For the dressing}
  • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Salt/pepper
DirectionsMake the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.Trim ends off green beans and rinse. Steam (or boil) for about 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. In a colander, rinse well with cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry. Cut green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces.Dice red onion and halve cherry tomatoes.Place onion and green beans in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.When ready to serve, add in tomatoes and feta and lightly toss.

Why do I feel like I did a really bad job of "trimming" the ends of the green beans? I have childhood memories of snapping off the ends, but I think it would have been wiser to use a knife in this case. A little too much waste down the drain.


Just a few ingredients made up the very yummy dressing. Although I have to admit that we did not have fresh garlic, so I was going to use the jar in the fridge. BUT I was unable to open it. Cursed weak hands!


I loved the colors of this, and the overall easiness of getting it together. All in all, I would make this again. BUT it did seem to be yet another side dish. I really need to figure out some main courses here.


Side Note: I used the left overs Monday night as the topping / dressing on lettuce for my dinner. The recipe stated that this should be eaten within the day, but it seemed to be fine for me two days later. It was a yum again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment